Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sad to Write, Tears to Speak

So here we are.
Family, friends, and acquaintances.
I have no clue who else is there but
this is for you, too.
For my brothers, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles,
face I've forgotten, and faces I'll never let go.

Someone we love has passed on,
has moved on.
Something that is hard to grasp at the moment.
A woman we all love, in our own way;
something death cannot take away.
I know some here witnessed her birth and youth,
some of you grew up together,
or have always looked up to her
even if you had to look down as you got older.

As I continue on, I realize today is for us, these words are for us.
All these tears, hugs, and spent emotions are for us.
But the wonderful things she gave us,
the learned things,
or those we've always known
are here, as well.

To my brothers,
its up to us to carry on her will,
things we hold in our hearts,
and things we never knew she gave us.
For every situation I am in
I can hear my mother's voice and guidance
speaking to me.
My mother,
forgive me
OUR mother
will always be with us and she will be passed on through us.
Whether it be children, words of wisdom,
or that look that used to stop me in my tracks
and let me know:
You have royally messed up.
My brothers Adam and Zach, please be strong.
People love you and you know mom will always be looking after you.
So, what, could go wrong?

To Albert,
what can I possibly tell you?
My love and respect you have
earned a million times over.
In you I have witnessed
the strength and the will
to live through the pain of decay.
To the dawn of a new day,
I salute you.

What else can I say on this day of loss
but
to live on to sing her song.
She loved us all.
We miss you mom.
Regardless if you are just a thought,
or a prayer away.
See you one day,
someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment