Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reassembly

In a state of nonexistence
I defy the odds
and quickly pull myself together
because if I am going to accomplish anything,
it has to start here.
Cast off and brushed aside
I have been left to a void
which any thing will wisely avoid.

I collect and I gather cells, atoms,
and if I'm lucky,
my body parts,
into something resembling my former self.
Using all focus and concentration
I cannot even use this time apart to gather my thoughts.
But time apart led me here
or maybe I did,
but I really don't have
a moment to waste.
A moment without her
burns like an eternity
in hell.

So, once torn and broken,
I've now pulled myself together.
And feeling confident but not overly,
I say fuck a plan.

And I move to make a stand.
It felt like forever
but she had just walked out the door.

I take the heart she has in her hand,
my heart,
which she has just ripped out of my chest
and take it back.

But I have no clue how to put this bloody pump back into my chest...
and its been mine my whole life.
But it took her two seconds and instinct to rip it out.

Well, fresh meat, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment